June 16, 2023
Table of Contents
Our mental health should always be a priority, but it’s not always a smooth journey. Our emotional and psychological health is constantly changing due to the myriad of problems that life can throw at us on a daily basis. But what happens if it gets to be too much? Or what if you have a mental health disorder with symptoms that only seem to be getting worse?
It’s not always easy to determine when a mental health facility is the best treatment option, but we’re here to help you figure that out.
Read on to learn about types of facilities, when to consider a mental health facility near you and the benefits they provide.
What are the mental health facilities near you?
A mental health facility refers to a public or private facility that provides treatment for mental health disorders. There are several different types of mental health facilities. Each one treats a different degree of mental health issues with a variety of offered programs and levels of care:
- Inpatient mental health care facilities— The highest level of mental health care is inpatient treatment. People who are experiencing a mental health crisis are admitted into a psychiatric hospital or hospital unit. The facility provides 24/7 medical and behavioral support.
- Residential treatment facilities— Residential treatment provides long-term stays in a comfortable facility for people struggling with their mental health. They are often used as the next step after inpatient health care.
- Partial hospitalization programs — Depending on your mental health condition, you may benefit from partial hospitalization treatment. While you’re able to sleep in your own bed every night, you receive hospital care during the day in a psychiatric unit or facility.
- Outpatient mental health care facilities — If you’re struggling with your mental health but don’t require hospitalization, then outpatient treatment is one of the best options for you. It allows you to be in a variety of therapy sessions to gain the skills and tools you need to alleviate your emotional and psychological distress. It also allows you to balance treatment with work, school and family.
How to decide if you should go to a mental health facility near you
If you’re struggling with your mental health, you may already attend regular sessions with a therapist. You might also take prescribed medication to help alleviate your daily symptoms. But sometimes you need more help, and that’s OK.
If you’re unable to function on a daily basis due to negative emotions and behavior, it’s time to explore the mental health facility options near you.
If you’re in an urgent mental health crisis, contact emergency services or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by calling 988. You can also admit yourself into an inpatient psychiatric hospital for immediate care.
5 benefits of mental health facilities near you
While each type of mental health facility offers different benefits, there are advantages that every kind can offer.
Here are a few of the benefits that you could gain at a mental health facility:
- Accountability — If you voluntarily admit yourself into a mental health facility near you, you’re taking control of your well-being. You’re holding yourself accountable to caring for yourself in a way that isn’t easy to acknowledge. Asking for help from a facility is showing that you’re self-aware enough to realize that you’re struggling and you’re ready to accept help.
- Personalized treatment plan — No two people are exactly the same, and neither is their mental health. A facility will create a treatment plan designed specifically for your condition and medical history. By receiving personalized treatment, the effectiveness of the methods is high.
- Improved communication — It’s not always easy to open up about what thoughts and feelings are happening in your head. You can learn to discuss your feelings with structured programs and therapy sessions. Communication is key to finding ways to improve it.
- Developing lasting skills — The goal of any facility is to provide you with lifelong tools and skills. Programs and therapy sessions will help you gain decision-making skills, coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
- Learning emotional regulation — If you’re struggling with your mental health, you may feel like your emotions are out of your control. At a mental health facility, you can learn to regulate your emotions and alleviate harmful mental health disorder symptoms.
Lightfully Behavioral Health may have a mental health facility near you
If you’re ready to explore the mental health facilities near you, it’s time to give us a call.
At Lightfully, we offer four programs that can help you address your mental health: residential treatment, Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program (vIOP), Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), and Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), also called our Day Treatment Program.
Change is possible. When you’re ready to take the first step toward finding a mental health facility near you, reach out to our Admissions Concierge Team. We’ll take the next steps together, toward the fullest, brightest version of you.