So, you’ve decided it’s time for you to start looking into your options for mental health treatment from a licensed clinical therapist. Are you located in California and don’t have access to a major city? It can be hard to find high-quality treatment in the more rural areas of California. Maybe you prefer to seek mental health treatment through online therapy. Online therapy can prove an effective resource for many reasons, which you can read about below. Nearly 4 out of every 10 people in the U.S. receive care in this format. Find out more about why you should consider starting online therapy.
What are some of the top benefits of getting mental health treatment online in California?
Are you located in California and in need of treatment from a licensed clinical therapist? You might be interested to learn about virtual intensive outpatient program (vIOP) treatment. Online therapy has become an increasingly popular option for mental health treatment. It can provide many benefits in addition to professional mental health care, including:
- Greater convenience — Online therapy can be a more convenient option than commuting to and from an in-person treatment location. If you live in a bustling California city, you’re probably no stranger to rush-hour traffic. Virtual treatment can provide you with effective, high-quality treatment without the hassle of transportation. It’s also helpful for people who don’t have access to a car and would otherwise need to take a bus or other type of transport to get to therapy.
- Increased comfort — Another benefit of online therapy is that it can provide a greater degree of comfort. For someone who gets anxious during in-person interactions, intensive outpatient programs can be intimidating to attend. With online therapy, you can get the same kind of treatment that you would in person, in a more comfortable environment for you. You can receive treatment from the comfort of your very own bedroom if you so choose.
- Increased access for rural areas — Maybe you live in a more rural area of California but you’re looking for high-quality mental health treatment near you. Online therapy can be a great option for people who want access to a reputable mental health treatment program but are located in remote or faraway regions.
- Affordability — If you’re looking for affordable mental health treatment in California, you may want to look toward online therapy. Virtual treatment can oftentimes be more affordable than in-person sessions. This is generally because insurance companies will cover more of the costs of virtual treatment programs over in-person ones.
What else should I know about virtual intensive outpatient programs (vIOPs)?
If you’ve decided to schedule treatment from an online therapy program in California, here are a few other things you may want to learn about Lightfully’s vIOP:
- Weekly psychotherapy — One of the facets of a vIOP is that it involves meeting weekly with a primary therapist. You’ll meet with a licensed clinical therapist during individual sessions for the length of your treatment.
- Ongoing family therapy — If you have someone close to you whom you’d like to be involved in your treatment process, they are typically invited to participate in your treatment program. You’ll be able to engage with family members during ongoing family therapy sessions as a way to encourage positive progress.
- Individualized weekly treatment plan — Another component of virtual treatment programs are individualized treatment plans. Each person is a unique individual, and that’s why each client will receive a personalized treatment plan that gets updated each week.
- Daily groups — Virtual intensive outpatient programs involve group treatment sessions at least once per day. Licensed clinical therapists provide programming to several clients at one time in interactive groups during these sessions.
Lightfully can be your online therapy provider in California
Our mission at Lightfully is to provide high-quality mental health care to various types of clients. We believe in using a focused approach to process-based therapy. The framework of our clinic consists of evidence-based, clearly defined, data-driven and whole-person-centered care. We have experience working with various mental health disorders. That’s why we’re confident that we can help you manage your mental health with time.
Lightfully offers multiple levels of care to both adults and teens: Residential Treatment, Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP), and Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), also referred to as our Day Treatment Program. We also offer a Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program (vIOP) for adults. If you’re struggling to find high-quality care from a licensed clinical therapist in California, you need to look no further. We meet each client where they are to help them improve the state of their mental health. We can create a personalized treatment plan designed to improve your quality of life.
Change is possible. When you’re ready to take the first step, reach out to our Admissions Concierge Team. We’ll take the next steps together, toward the fullest, brightest version of you.