Lightfully Behavioral Healths Erica Strope, SPHR, Senior Vice President of People Operations at Lightfully was asked to contribute to an SHRM article about strategies to address mental health in the workplace. To read the article click here.
The article surveyed a number of HR leaders and CEOs to determine recommended ways to make a positive impact on workplace mental health. The thirteen strategies to help improve mental health in the workplace include the following:
- Partnering With the National Council For Mental Wellbeing
- Providing Firm-wide Quarterly Sabbaticals
- Offering Training That Builds Empathy and Compassion
- Being Consistent and Transparent in Communication
- Making Employees Feel Comfortable Taking Time Off
- Subscribing Employees to a Meditation App
- Being Deliberate About Giving People Time Off
- Making Mental Health Resources Easily Accessible
- Hosting Self-Care Training Workshops
- Practicing Vulnerability and Build Belonging
- Celebrating a Mental Health Month
- Committing to Culture Change
- Hiring Internal Coaches for Employees
Using these techniques, executives can help promote a healthier, happier workplace for their employees.