Residential treatment involves temporarily living in a home designated for clients who need daily intensive professional mental health treatment beyond what is offered in outpatient care. These communal facilities are designed to help treat many people at once, creating a healing environment. Residential centers are always staffed with various medical providers and therapists. The goal of residential treatment is to provide clients with a high level of support and intensive psychiatric care. Through the course of treatment, clients work toward living with greater stability and independence.
How do I know if a residential treatment center is right for me?
Not sure if residential psychiatric treatment is the right option for you? Here are some common reasons why people commit to residential treatment:
- You struggle with managing a mental health disorder — Psychiatric treatment at a residential facility can benefit those who have been living with unmanaged mental health disorders. Failing to get the level of support needed early for a mental health issue can lead to a host of problems down the road. These struggles may need even more support or require immediate psychiatric visits. A residential treatment center provides clients with high support and around-the-clock care that can expediate the healing process and solidify one’s progress.
- You need a healthier recovery environment — Many people benefit from residential treatment centers because they provide a living situation healthier or more supportive than the one they are in. Some living environments can intensify or exacerbate mental health disorders. Getting the right kind of treatment in a recovery-focused living space can make all the difference in the healing process.
What kind of psychiatric care can you expect while in residential treatment?
You can expect a robust treatment schedule when you begin treatment at a residential treatment center, with psychiatric care such as the following:
- Individual sessions with a clinical therapist — When undergoing psychiatric care in a residential treatment facility, you can expect individual sessions with a therapist multiple times per week to explore the thoughts, feelings and behaviors underlying your diagnosis.
- Individual sessions with a psychiatrist — In addition to sessions with a therapist, you can also anticipate meeting one-on-one with a psychiatrist at least once a week to monitor medications as part of your treatment plan.
- Sessions in groups with other residential clients — Psychiatric care in a residential facility encompasses group therapy sessions. Typically, you will sit in on multiple group therapy sessions per day. As part of our treatment all facilities also offer emotional regulation groups to clients weekly with the goal to help individuals learn to regulate their emotions independently.
- Sessions with family members or loved ones — In our residential facility you can also expect to go through at least one family session per week where you undergo psychiatric treatment at a residential facility to enable your loved ones to understand how to support your recovery needs.
- Regular oversight and care from nurses — The care you receive at a residential facility also includes daily oversight from a team of nurses and medical professionals. The nursing team will maintain records of your physical health and, if necessary, maintain and support your safe recovery.
- Opportunities for daily movement — You can also expect that there will be opportunities for movement and exercise at a residential treatment facility to help individuals get in touch with their body and find joy in movement regularly throughout your residential stay.
Lightfully can provide psychiatric treatment to you at one of our Residential Treatment Centers
Our mission is to provide high-quality mental health care to various types of clients. This includes those who would benefit from residential treatment. We believe in using a focused approach called process-based therapy. The framework of our treatment consists of evidence-based, clearly defined, data-driven and person-centered care to help enable you to manage the symptoms of your mental health condition(s).
Lightfully offers various levels of care to both adults and teens: Residential Treatment, Intensive Outpatient Program, and Partial Hospitalization Program, also referred to as our Day Treatment Program. We also offer a Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program for adults. We try to meet each client where they are in their path and create a personalized long-term plan for treatment, with each client’s plan fully customized for their support and therapy needs.
Change is possible. When you’re ready to take the first step, reach out to our Admissions Concierge Team. We’ll take the next steps together, toward the fullest, brightest version of you